Ever since our very first Tasimba safari two years ago, we have continued to change, adapt, improve and enrich the Tasimba Experience for our guests.
Starting with that first trip, the feedback and testimonials from our guests has consistently been deeply gratifying in all the wonderful things they have said and has guided the evolution of Tasimba.
And we’re not about to rest on our laurels!
We’re committed to continuing to enrich Tasimba to make it truly the most uniquely inspiring “experience” of the African wilderness.
To that end, we’re excited to have just returned from a 10-day planning trip to Africa in which we added yet more deep immersion into the unique program and activities that defines Tasimba. Among other things:
- At his home in Zimbabwe, we met with the legendary African wildlife guide Garth Thompson, whose expertise, knowledge and storytelling will totally intrigue our October 2018 safari guests;
- In Johannesburg, we met with Cape Town-based doctor, author, poet and wildlife guide Ian McCallum whose unique insights will inspire our May 2019 guests;
- We spent time with Arnold Tshipa who is responsible for the “Scorpions” Anti-Poaching Unit near our camp. With him, we planned first-hand exposure for our guests to the ‘boots on the ground’ activities of the dedicated people at the frontline of the fight against wildlife crime. This will be another exciting part of the Tasimba Experience;
- With the wonderful management and guide staff at camp and the Wilderness Safaris team in Victoria Falls, we planned other stimulating activities for our Tasimba guests that will further deepen their immersion in the African bush;
- We explored the brand-new Hide and had sundowners at the platform – two must-do incredible waterhole game-viewing activities for all of our visitors!
- Not to be overlooked, amazing herds and a huge variety of wild and birdlife populated the vast, private Linkwasha wilderness making us even more excited to return in a few months time.
Surrounded by the profound beauty and tranquillity of Hwange National Park, our purpose and our commitment remain unchanged: to make the Tasimba Experience movingly inspiring. Naturally.